If you need to pay by cheque, bank transfer or purchase order, or you need an invoice from a local firm for your accounts, you should apply through us instead of directly to Thawte; we will handle your application on your behalf and invoice you for it. While Thawte do accept payment by cheque or bank transfer, this can be inconvenient since they are not based in the UK; we are pleased to offer a local payment point for your convenience.
We have prepared answers to the most commonly asked questions. If you have a question which isn't answered in this section, please get in touch!
You may also find it useful to browse the Thawte document repository.
Most recent changes:
- Price changes again, sorry folks. This affects SSL Web Server, wildcard and EV certs, but not SSL123. (February 10th 2022)
- Minor price change on wildcard certs; credit card payment option no longer available (talk to us if this is an issue) (September 10th 2021)
- Two-year certs now dead; 13-month is now the maximum (talk to us if you want to discuss multi-year payment options) (August 30th 2020)
- Price change again, and while two-year certs are currently the maximum, they will be going away later in the year (May 6th 2020)
- Sorry folks, prices going up a bit; blame the USD exchange rate (July 31st 2016)
- Three-year certificates are the maximum these days (July 31st 2016)
- SuperCerts now discontinued (March 1st 2016)
- Thawte cert prices reduced (August 13th 2013)
- Yet another VAT rate change (January 3rd 2011)
- Three, four and five-year certificates now require 2048-bit keys (October 28th 2010)
- Wildcard certificates reduced in price; VAT rate changes again... (January 4th 2010)
- Change to ordering URLs if paying by credit card; also three, four and five-year certificates more generally available (October 14th 2009)
- Extended Validation certificates reduced in price (June 17th 2009)
- Three, four and five-year certificates now available for many categories of certificate if paying by purchase order (December 3rd 2008)
- FAQs updated (including addition of several new sections), links checked (March 25th 2008)
- FAQs updated, links checked (May 10th 2004)
- Newly-revamped FAQs added (September 3rd 2003)
- Option of paying Herald by cheque added (August 25th 2003)
- Quick links into Thawte site added above (August 12th 2003)
Last updated: 10th February 2022
Last checked: 10th February 2022
© Copyright Herald Information Systems, 1999 - 2021.